Chasing game

The days are getting shorter and the nights cooler.  Soon these amazing birds will be on their way. I have been lucky to have spent a lot of time this summer watching and photographing them, something I never get tired of doing.  We had about 5 hummers around on a regular basis for the last month or so and they never seemed to get to sit still very long before one came to chase it.  I cannot tell you how many times while going outside onto the deck, they were less than inches away from our heads! So cool!

This image above was taken just after the sun had come up.  Look at those tail feathers!

Love watching all the displaying going on.








I noticed that even though the hibiscus flower had just closed, the hummingbird seemed to drink from the base of the blossom. I saw this happen a few times.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts