Osprey....the making of a nest

I was very excited to not only watch the Great Blue Herons building their nests (see previous blog) but a pair of Osprey close by doing the same.  The Ospreys were also carrying what I thought were really large sticks, the fish where not too small either! From a far distance I heard a commotion going on and observed one of the osprey going after a Great Blue that was quietly sitting on a branch.  Really now, I think there is plenty of fish for all!
In my next blog I will share with you some of the other birds I was fortunate to observe on that same day.
 










Comments

  1. Wonderful to be able to see these beautiful birds at all let alone showing them building their nest.
    You might like to look at my site.
    www.birdingforpleasure.blogspot.com
    Enjoy.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts