Great Blue Herons....the making of a nest

A fellow birder that I know was kind enough to share with me a very special place a few weeks ago.  Not only were there at least 12+ Great Blue Heron nests that I could see (many more flying to nests that I couldn't see) but also a pair of Ospreys also in the middle of nest building (photos at a later date)  There were also other wonderful birds that I was able photograph.
 Getting there really early in the morning and watching these lanky but very coordinated birds working away while listening to all the other sounds around me, made it one really special day!

    




I also have to say that it was really difficult to narrow it down to just these few photos.  Sometimes I am lucky when everything is working correctly and the lighting is perfect and of course the subjects are preforming perfectly!




 

Comments

Popular Posts